Augusta Aondoaver Yaakugh, Executive Director, Lex Initiative for Rights Advocacy and Development (LIRAD) has over ten years’ experience in human rights and governance issues in both Nigeria, NGO management and litigation practice. She has expertise in the human rights and governance sector, with special emphasis on corporate accountability, human and environmental institutions engagement. She has also been engaged in several works geared toward gender issues, digital freedom, ending discrimination and violence against sexual minorities as well as climate change.
She is also well-experienced in project management, monitoring & evaluation, fund raising, stakeholder management and networking, as well as team building and innovative leadership. She currently serves as a member of the human rights committee of Nigerian Bar Association, Abuja Branch. She founded Lex Initiative for Rights Advocacy and Development (LIRAD) in March 2020.
She graduated with an LLB (Hons.) from the Faculty of Law, Benue State University, Nigeria, in September 2011. She also attended the Nigeria Law School Abuja where she graduated as Barrister at Law (LB) in November 2013. In June 2019, she obtained a master’s degree in Corporate Law and Governance from the Nasarawa State University, Nigeria. She obtained the following Certificates
- Climate Finance: Innovative Approaches in Supporting Climate Action from World Bank Academy (2020)
- International Environmental Law (2020) from InforMEA (The United Nations Environmental Law and Conventions Portal) in 2020
- Child Protection: Children’s Rights in Theory and Practice (2020) from edX
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2020) from Alison E-learning
- Corporate Governance Certificate (2020) from Alison E-learning
- African Human Rights System (2019) from Centre for Human Rights MOOC (University of Pretoria)
- Conflict Transformation, Peace Building and Small Arms Control for Women (2017) from IANSA Women Network Nigeria
- Public Speaking and Media Relations Management from IANSA Women Network Nigeria
- Dispute Resolution (2013) from Dispute Resolution Associates Ltd.
She is a member of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), African Women Lawyers Association, Nigeria Chapter, NBA Women’s Forum and Nigerian Criminal Law Jurists.